Lytx is searching for a Software Developer who is excited about the prospect of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment across a number of different technologies. We’re a fast-growing market leader in video-telematics, and are currently recruiting bright and driven team members to join our energetic culture. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day with technology that helps save lives each year.
You like to make great things happen quickly, and we like that in an engineer. We want our team to succeed and learn quickly to make a significant impact on our technology. We are seeking an engineer to hop onboard and help us learn more, faster.
You’ll take on the typical engineering tasks – design and develop software components, write automated tests, and be an extra set of eyes for your peers’ code. But more than anything, we want you to try new things and learn what works so we can deliver life-saving software as quickly as possible. You’ll explore new options, use new tools, move up and down the software stack, and promote those activities in your team.
There are lots of things for you to do here. In the first year, you can expect to work on the following:
- Identifying and implementing frameworks and third-party components to build our system around (messaging, authentication, licensing, caching, etc.)
- Identifying and implementing software components used by other engineering groups (domain services)
- Identifying and refactoring current software components (more domain services)
- Sharing what you did with others
Here’s what we’re looking for in you:
- Ability and eagerness to learn our business domain and increase our learning velocity
- An eye for identifying opportunities to improve user experience
- Able to identify incremental wins and adjust course based on previous experiences.
- Accountability to own your mistakes and willingness to correct them
- Ability to drive technical direction through trial and error instead of consensus and debate
- Understanding of challenges of multiple software disciplines including: big data, business intelligence, SaaS, IoT devices, high availability architecture, safe to fail engineering, testable software, measurable software
- Ability to identify correct priorities from multiple competing opportunities
- Capacity to focus deeply on complex problems and work with others to solve them
- Proficiency to implement common software design patterns and SaaS applications development
- Passion for designing and implementing all tiers of the software stack including: web, service, and data
- An eagerness to help in other duties which may be assigned to you
- 3+ years software development experience; C# background preferred but if you have experience in another objected-oriented language then let’s talk
- 3+ years in OOD/OOP
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Back to top