Senior Technical Support Engineer
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be the final escalation point for managing the complex technical support incidents providing customers with resolutions. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will have a strong passion for technology demonstrating stellar troubleshooting skills while delivering an amazing client support experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support via phone and email for Lytx products: answer technical inquiries, diagnose reported problems or configuration issues, recommend possible solutions and follow issue through to successful resolution.
- Verify and document the technical issue to deliver technical solutions.
- Interface with infrastructure, database and development teams as needed.
- Excellent communication, conveying complicated technical issues to non-technical stakeholders both written and verbally.
- Provide customers with solutions to complex technical issues.
- Document product defect and enhancements.
- Communicate plan, progress updates and resolution to impacted clients in timely manner.
- Participate in new product rollout activities such as documentation of new processes and test of products.
- Optimize existing procedures to improve ease, speed, and performance.
- Investigate problems as they surface, troubleshoot to identify the cause, and then suggest ways to correct them
- Able to provide short-term and long-term solutions; to tackle immediate tasks while keeping a mindset on how to remedy such events in the future.
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills.
- Mentorship of other members of the technical support team.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases (SQL preferred)
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting hardware, software and Application Programming Interface (API) issues
- Experience in one or more scripting language (JSON a plus)
- Experience writing or debugging code
- Working knowledge of the components in a web application stack.
- Prior SaaS support experience. Experience with telematics a plus.
- Able to adapt quickly a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Strong problem solving, support process analytics and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- An understanding of an Agile environment and team atmosphere
- Self-motivated for success and has a hunger for knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with automotive electronics and/or MECP/ASE Certification desired
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Meet Some of Lytx's Employees
Senior Client Solutions Consultant
May operates as part of the Implementation Team, working to onboard new clients and manage relationships after the sale. She also trains clients on Lytx programs.
Back to top