Senior Firmware Engineer
We are looking for an experienced firmware engineer to come join our excellent team of quality professionals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs full lifecycle software development and maintenance using C++ and C in an embedded Linux environment
- Designs and documents software and procedures
- Performs validation and troubleshooting of firmware running on the target device
- Creates, modifies and documents build mechanisms for continuous integration and reliability
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in computer engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years of firmware development experience
- Extensive experience using Linux/UNIX platforms and shell utilities
- Experience with OpenEmbedded, bitbake, and GNU make build tools
- Experience with one or more of wireless communications, video, audio, and GPS
- Experience using oscilloscopes, DVMs, programmable power supplies, terminal servers and other common firmware development tools
- Experience with UML statecharts and sequence diagrams or similar design methodologies, particularly Quantum Leaps frameworks
- Experience with Qt
- Able to design and implement applications as parts of a system of cooperating state machines
- Thorough understanding of Linux systems.
- Familiar with patching and merging of source code, and Linux kernel configuration.
- Experience with leveraging open-source components in delivering software solutions.
- Able to factor in GPL compliance factors in build engineering
- Able to refactor non-compliant build processes to work in a build engineering best practice environment
- Able to use OpenEmbedded-based distributions to produce cross-compiled packages using our existing toolchain.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for precise detail
- Must be creative, persistent, possess problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls
- Must be responsible, self-motivated and passionate about testing and innovation, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Must have a proven ability to complete work with limited supervision
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving environment with a strong tolerance of ambiguity and skills to define specificity
- Must possess a strong team orientation
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Meet Some of Lytx's Employees
Senior Manager, Finance
Anita handles all the forecasting, budgeting, and finance reporting to help form the company’s business strategy. She works under the greater Corporate Services umbrella.
Back to top