Senior Firmware Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Innovation Lives Here
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. You want to use your powers for good, and that's exactly what we do at Lytx®. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day with technology that helps save lives each year.
Lytx has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our Hungry, Humble and Capable team of firmware professionals.
- Performs full lifecycle software development and maintenance using C++ and C in an embedded Linux environment
- Designs and documents software and procedures
- Performs validation and troubleshooting of firmware running on the target device
- Creates, modifies and documents build mechanisms for continuous integration and quality
- Able to design and implement applications as parts of a system of cooperating state machines
- Thorough understanding of embedded Linux platforms.
- Experience with leveraging open-source components in delivering software solutions.
- Able to factor in GPL compliance factors in build engineering
- Able to refactor non-compliant build processes to work in a build engineering best practice environment
- Able to use OpenEmbedded-based distributions to produce cross-compiled packages using our existing toolchain
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for precise detail
- Must possess creative, persistent problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about testing, innovation and have a desire to produce a high quality product
- Must have a proven ability to complete multiple component firmware solutions with limited supervision
- Bachelor degree in computer engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years of firmware development experience
- Extensive experience using Linux/UNIX platforms and shell utilities
- Experience with OpenEmbedded, bitbake, and GNU make build tools
- Experience with one or more of wireless communications, video, audio, and GPS
- Experience using oscilloscopes, DVMs, programmable power supplies, terminal servers and other common firmware development tools
- Experience with UML statecharts and sequence diagrams or similar design methodologies for example: Quantum Leaps frameworks
- Experience with Qt updates
Nice to have:
- Linux kernel development
- Device Driver development
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Back to top