Senior Desktop Support Engineer
There’s a certain kind of energy here. You can feel it. It’s what happens when your job makes a tangible, positive impact for your clients, and our world. It’s what happens when you work with a team that’s all in, all the time. It’s what happens when you work at Lytx.
We’re looking for hungry, humble and capable people who want to be part of building something special. Ideally, people who want to play a part in shaping the future where your work makes a direct contribution and helps to save lives. Lytx is rapidly scaling and looking for like-minded network engineer’s eager to support and secure our growing business.
The Senior Desktop Support Engineer will provide front line support for our systems, applications and platforms used by the company’s user base. The successful candidate will be technically sound in the support, maintenance and configuration of laptops, printers and network environments. The candidate should strive to provide exemplary customer experiences in a professional and timely manner as they relate to IT support. If you are a person who meets this criteria, then we want to hear from you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for Windows and Mac platforms and related hardware/software and peripherals
- Ensure SLAs for response, resolution and closure rates are achieved
- Support and maintain user and email account information including rights, security and systems groups
- Assist users at a distance with remote access tools (RDP, WebEx, etc)
- Help maintain hardware/software inventories and asset management tools
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair systems, hardware and computer peripherals, including mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.)
- Install, configure, and support desktop phones
- Work closely with, and escalate to, System and Network administrators to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Continually stay in communication with hardware and software providers to be aware of updates, issues and future road maps to be prepared for upcoming changes or challenges
- Should be able to participate on an “on call” rotation.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years minimum experience with PC hardware and software desktop support
- Experience tackling, troubleshooting and maintenance issues related to audio visual equipment.
- Strong Office 365 and Exchange trouble shooting skills.
- Seasoned candidate who has dealt with SCCM, WDS, WSUS, Altiris (or other software deployment systems).
- Knowledge of common ticket tracking systems like: ServiceNow, SFDC, Remedy.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Candidate who has worked in a large enterprise environment (greater than 100 users).
- Able to quickly learn and support new technologies and take on new responsibilities as priorities change
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, detail orientated individual
- Able to work both with a team and individually solving tough issues with a customer service mentality.
- Someone who is a highly effective communicator; strong written and verbal skills are a plus.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Back to top