Senior Automation Test Engineer
You like to make great things happen quickly, and we like that in our teams. You really like to dig into products, understand how they work and figure out how to automate knowing that they are doing what they are supposed to. We want our team to succeed and learn quickly to make a significant impact on our products. We are seeking a test automation engineer to hop onboard and help us learn more, faster.
You’ll take on the typical test automation tasks – define test criteria and infrastructure with the team, write automated tests, and be an extra set of eyes for your peers. But more than anything, we want you to try new things and learn what works so we can deliver life-saving software as quickly as possible. You’ll explore new options, tools, and promote those activities in your team.
There are lots of things for you to do here. In the first year, you can expect to work on the following:
- In collaboration with the team help define the test framework
- With product owners and team define acceptance criteria and create test automation suites
- Work with the team to measure application performance
- Sharing what you did with others
Here’s what we’re looking for in you:
- Familiarity with automated testing infrastructures
- Exposure to environments with continuous integration, automated testing and agile software development.
- Several years software testing experience in some of the following:
- API test tools such as SoapUI, Cucumber, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
- Web services
- SQL / DB systems
- Preferable to have background in n-tier client/server development in web-based software development
- Preferable to have Object Oriented Programming concepts, design patterns, Service Oriented Architecture concepts and designs of multi-tier applications.
- Motivated self starter and fast learner, able to understand and master new technologies quickly.
- Must have strong troubleshooting, analytical, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and eagerness to learn our business domain and increase our learning velocity
- Able to identify incremental wins and adjust course based on previous experiences.
- Accountability to own your mistakes and willingness to correct them
- Ability to identify correct priorities from multiple competing opportunities
- An eagerness to help in other duties which may be assigned to you
- Experience with SOA and service patterns with an understanding of RESTful communication protocols
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Back to top