Lead Technical Support Engineer
The Lead Technical Support Engineer will act as a lead for the Lytx technical support teams providing clear direction to ensure day to day operations of the team run smoothly and efficiently. This is a "working lead" position, with approximately 25% team lead duties and 75% hands on technical support handling complex technical support cases. They will act as the escalation point for the team managing technical support incidents to ensure the team is providing timely resolutions to our clients The Lead Technical Support Engineer will be self –motivated, capable of delegating with clear direction and have a natural ability to lead and motivate others. This role requires the ability to effectively communicate with all levels across the organization and work well with key cross-functional partners. They will have a strong passion for technology demonstrating stellar troubleshooting skills while delivering an amazing support experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor support case queues and Salesforce reports to ensure adherence to SLA's from the TS1 and TS3 teams.
- Acts as the escalation point for the Client Success team to escalate urgent/high visibility issues, ensuring that they get resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform quality checks to ensure department processes and client technical issues are properly documented to deliver technical solutions.
- Act as the Technical Support SME in cross-functional team projects including processes and tools.
- Working closely with the Vendor Manager, Technical Support, ensure all Technical Support teams are aligned and properly trained on Lytx's products and services.
- Interface with infrastructure, database and development teams as needed.
- Provide customers with timely resolutions to complex technical issues.
- Document product defects and enhancements and act as a liaison with the development teams in prioritizing technical support issues for our clients. Communicate plan, progress updates and resolution to impacted clients in timely manner.
- Optimize existing procedures to improve ease, speed, and performance and make efficiency improvement recommendations to management.
- Investigate problems as they surface, troubleshoot to identify the cause, and then suggest ways to correct them.
- Provide short-term and long-term solutions; to tackle immediate tasks while keeping a mindset on how to remedy such events in the future.
- Mentor other members of the technical support team to increase technical knowledge and skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of one year supervisory or team lead experience in a technical Contact Center.
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases (SQL preferred).
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting hardware, software and Application Programming Interface (API) issues.
- Experience in one or more scripting language (JSON a plus).
- Experience writing or debugging API source code.
- Working knowledge of the components in a web application stack.
- Prior SaaS support experience. Experience with telematics a plus.
- Experience developing CRM reports (Salesforce preferred).
- Able to adapt quickly a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Strong problem solving, support process analytics and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- An understanding of an Agile environment and team atmosphere.
- Self-motivated for success and has a hunger for knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience with automotive electronics and/or MECP/ASE Certification desired.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Meet Some of Lytx's Employees
Senior Manager, Finance
Anita handles all the forecasting, budgeting, and finance reporting to help form the company’s business strategy. She works under the greater Corporate Services umbrella.
Back to top