Junior Systems Administrator
Lytx is currently seeking a Jr. Systems Administrator to join the Product Operations (IT) team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Windows and Linux infrastructure, platforms and applications including the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
The Jr. Systems Administrator will participate in the 24x7 support on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure and our SaaS application environment.
- Mixed Windows and Linux based environment experience
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Follow installation and configuration procedures, documentation and system standards
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Report on and apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documentation.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Manage anti-virus and data loss prevention solutions.
- Provide 24x7 Operations and Support in on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science desirable
- 1 - 2 years Systems Administration with Microsoft Windows/Linux
- Exposure to the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Basic familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing, DNS, content delivery, virtualization and other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Active Directory management at a entry level
- Some scripting and Automation - PowerShell, BASH, Python, Perl, Ansible
- Windows Server Environment at an entry level, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016
- VMWare Environment Management - 6.5
Back to top