Embedded Firmware Developer
If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for embedded firmware development running on cutting edge hardware, Lytx Canada has a great opportunity for you! We are currently developing the world’s most advanced mobile network-enabled, cloud-managed, video telematics system. As we continue to expand on a global level, you will be a key contributor to our team, working to design, develop and test our next-generation products.
The Embedded Firmware Developer will join a multi-disciplinary team to develop our next generation mobile video telematics products involving high quality image capture and compression, cellular cloud connectivity, ADAS image processing and machine learning. Lytx Canada uses the Scrum Methodology to manage projects efficiently and to accelerate productivity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop device driver and application code for embedded Linux and ThreadX RTOS used on ARM SoC-based platforms.
- Test, debug, document and peer review code according to company standards.
- Assist with some R&D tasks to help evaluate and select next generation technologies.
- Assist the test engineering group to develop testing, evaluation and verification methods.
- Communicate with other groups, such as software, hardware, test, and marketing, to ensure product requirements are met.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- C programming.
- Embedded Linux driver and application development.
- Real-time operating system (RTOS) knowledge (such as ThreadX).
- Firmware troubleshooting and testing (TDD).
- Ability to do some hardware troubleshooting / board bring-up using basic test equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for documentation and group communication.
- Must have 7+ years of experience with embedded Linux driver and application development.
- Must have good low level understanding of the Linux kernel and ability to port and debug device driver issues.
- Must have experience with IP networking.
- Must have some experience using RTOS in embedded environments.
- Must be comfortable with the hardware board bring-up process, hardware troubleshooting and using electronic test equipment to debug low level driver problems.
- Experience with video codecs (H.264), video streaming (RTSP/HLS), and related video technologies an asset.
- Hardware troubleshooting and development skills an asset.
- Knowledge of optics and IP camera systems an asset.
- Knowledge of machine vision an asset.
- Knowledge of machine learning an asset.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Meet Some of Lytx's Employees
Director Of Advanced Technologies
As the Director of Advanced Technologies, Gabriela and a team of scientists build the algorithms that collect and analyze data from the hundreds of thousands of Lytx event recorders in fleets around the world.
Back to top