Director, Software Engineering
- San Diego, CA
Innovation Lives Here
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. You want to use your powers for good, and that's exactly what we do at Lytx®. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day with technology that helps save lives each year.
You thrive delivering results. As Director, Software Engineering, you will be accountable for the definition, design, delivery, and maintenance of our fleet management solutions. You will inspire and lead the Fleet Management Solution team to enable customer operational efficiency, driver safety, and regulatory compliance. This position requires technical, product, and people leadership. Together, you'll help save lives on the roadways.
You'll Get to:
- Construct high performance teams capable of self-management of technical standards, project execution, and engineer development
- Create and maintain external engineering teams to balance cost, quality, and innovation objectives
- Motivate your team to establish and maintain high engineering standards for maintainability, testability, instrumentation, logging, and service levels
- Work with engineers, engineering managers, and product managers to build frameworks services, and standards that enable faster time to market, improved monitoring, product efficacy, high service levels and availability
- Validate design and technology directions and solve problems
- Partner with other technology leaders to establish architectural patterns, increase application supportability, improve service levels, and adhere to security standards
- Execute architectural design frameworks to ensure high quality information systems are delivered expeditiously and aligned with business objectives
- Partner with Product Operations to decrease engineering cycle times
- Provide leadership to align with external groups, develop employees, and improve employee engagement
- Devise proper resourcing
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- Minimum 10 years of SaaS software engineering development experience including substantial and complex whole life cycle device development management experience.
- Extensive experience in working with a variety of public and private cloud environments
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a leadership role, with proven experience developing, aligning and working through their team to deliver enterprise technology.
- Deep technical background in systems, enterprise scale, and security for mobile devices.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or relevant experience required
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Back to top