Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Commercial Leader (CL), Small-Market is accountable for setting and ultimately achieving segment sales goals, maximizing revenue and margin, and ensuring competitive advantage. By bringing strategic, insight-driven leadership they will empower and develop a segment-dedicated team of Inside Sales, Client Onboarding and Account Management direct reports—facilitating and driving collaborative execution. The Small-Market CL will align the Lytx segment story and business strategy to grow the segment to peak, sustainable levels of sales in a short timeframe.
In addition, the Small-Market CL collaborates with cross-functional partners to ensure that the value prop “how we win” and go-to-market actions are robust and on target, enabling Lytx to achieve and sustain a strong leadership position in the marketplace.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides segment leadership by developing and driving strategies and scalable processes for channel management, sales and onboarding and retention operations – effectively achieving business performance goals, driving growth, capturing share and optimizing client acquisition cost.
- Builds, motivates and performance-manages Small-Market teams of Inside Sales, Customer Onboarding and Account Management employees. Creates high performers by hiring optimal candidates, accelerating their learning curve and maintaining a rigorous KPI-driven performance management approach while removing roadblocks and celebrating team success’.
- Supports segment development efforts by partnering with channels teams, cross-functional teams and coaching the Inside Sales team on best practices to build a focused pipeline of qualified client opportunities and convert them rapidly into trials and booked rollouts (new logo/expansion/upsell).
- Builds and shares first-hand customer feedback and intelligence that is converted into actionable trends and insights and systematically shared across Lytx – influencing product/program development, GTM approach and marketing communication plans.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required with MBA or graduate degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge.
- 10 years’ of business-to-business technology experience, preferably in the Telematics/fleet technology industry, including 3+ year of Sales Management.
- Strategic leader with strengths in sales strategy, customer success, process, and both thought and team leadership.
- Thorough understanding of true cross-functional partnerships with the ability to leverage internal/external relationships to move the needle as a team.
- Ability to work onsite at Headquarters in San Diego with flexibility for occasional domestic travel.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, energized, self-starter environment.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Back to top