Director, Cloud Services
- San Diego, CA
Innovation Lives Here
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. You want to use your powers for good, and that's exactly what we do at Lytx®. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day with technology that helps save lives each year.
The Director, Cloud Services will lead the vision, definition, design and support of Cloud Services that accelerate our product engineering teams and enable industry leading Cloud Operations. This position will work cross functionally to evaluate, plan, execute compute and data services that meets Lytx's objectives. You will have the opportunity to define and execute a vision to provide infrastructure, data and services that enable millions of mobile devices with 24X7 connectivity. Low latency data streaming of location, AI, ECM, and other global vehicle operational data. Support ingestions of millions of transactions per second. Network architecture with least cost routing, edge cloud computing, public and private clouds. Support diverse compute applications including: Mobile devices, Edge Cloud nodes, Cloud APIs, Web Applications, Transactional Data Services, Analytical Data Services, and AI.
What you will do:
- Drive engineering practices that enable great products and meaningful employee experiences.
- Understand engineering needs and translate them into systems that can be replicated, automated and monitored to ensure compliance and operational standards.
- Define, plan and execute strategic roadmaps for self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable and reliable infrastructure services as standard practice, includes DevOps and automation.
- Support the enterprise with high availability, disaster recovery, security and network configuration across edge devices, private cloud, public cloud and office network.
- Design, create, scale, and operate a big data architecture and associated technologies to process data at PB scale. The architecture supports a variety of persistent technologies including geospatial and temporal databases and related visualization.
- Work with internal and external security resources to prioritize and execute security risk management program that includes security awareness, vulnerability management, and incident management for infrastructure and application level security. DDoS mitigation, WAF, etc.
- Support a diverse technology stack including AI/ML and edge/cloud computing, various front end and backend technologies
- Develop measurements of operational effectiveness and to support additional investment in software, tooling, or compute resources.
- Scale cloud platform and supporting REST APIs for internal and external access.
What you need
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or relevant experience required
- 10 plus years of experience working in a product technology organization leading Cloud infrastructure, Operations and automation.
- Extensive experience in working with a Software Engineering organization to deliver enterprise service levels to market
- Minimum 6 years' experience in a leadership role developing, aligning and delivering enterprise technology.
- Deep technical knowledge in Cloud Infrastructure migrations, operations, support, Networking, Systems, Security, IAC, Automated Deployments, Big Data Cloud Platforms and Dev Ops and CI/CD.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Back to top