The Accounting Manager will oversee an accounting team that is responsible for the following functions: fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, leases, royalties, stock based compensation, equity transactions, commissions, accounting policies, international subsidiary accounting, investor reporting and month end close. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with extensive knowledge in multiple general accounting areas, be adaptive to a continuously evolving work environment, and have a desire to become a part of a growing, world-class organization.
General Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Manage GL team; continuously seeking and implementing opportunities for development and experience to expand the overall capabilities of the team
- Ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Manage accounting of international subsidiaries and consolidation
- Prepare month end deliverables such as monthly financial statement variance analyses and commentary, cash flow forecast and various reports
- Plan and delegate accounting duties to meet monthly close deadlines; and provide technical and supervisory guidance
- Research, document and communicate accounting conclusions
- Review audit schedules and supporting documentation as required
- Assist with external audit processes
Process improvement and internal controls
- Maintain or develop written accounting policies and procedures and strong internal controls
- Participate in proactively identifying, assessing and implementing prevent and detect controls and participate in compliance with all internal control related requirements
- Drive process improvement initiatives for development, enhancement, upgrade and maintenance of accounting systems
Analysis and Business Support
- Assists in providing accounting expertise on various matters for accounting, FP&A, legal, and operations
- Become a liaison and participate in budget to actual variance analysis with FP&A
- Collaborate with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems to enable timely accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data
- Resolve escalated issues from department with internal and external customers
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required; Big 4 experience preferable
- Public company accounting experience required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, with at least two years in a management role
- Knowledge of and experience with SOX 404 preferred
- Technical skills/knowledge of current US GAAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills essential
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required; proficiency in NetSuite ERP preferable.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Meet Some of Lytx's Employees
Senior Client Solutions Consultant
May operates as part of the Implementation Team, working to onboard new clients and manage relationships after the sale. She also trains clients on Lytx programs.
Back to top