Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Who We Are
At Lyric™ we’re on a mission to design and operate accommodations for the modern business traveler.
At Lyric™ we design spaces and technology to empower a more creative and connected world. Our proprietary software and data platforms are the foundation of our company, driving Lyric’s best-in-class margins through optimal site location and advanced revenue management. It also allows us to deliver exceptional guest experiences through our premium and purposeful Creative Suites™. Informed by increasing levels of automation and personalization, these apartment-suites - set within inspired buildings in the most exciting neighborhoods in the country - combine the productivity of a workspace, the inspiration of an artistic studio, and the amenities of a luxury hotel. Whether you stay one or 200 nights, we’re building a network of spaces that make you feel at home everywhere. Our focus is on flexibility, purpose, and community to help you unlock possible.
As a Principal Engineer, you will lead the architecture for one of the Lyric’s most crucial projects this year as we continue to develop a truly unique experience for our guests. This opportunity is highly cross-functional, requiring you to leverage your organizational skills to inspire a team of technologists, product managers, and operational teams toward a unified vision. This is the ideal opportunity for an individual who enjoys working on complex, multi-platform systems at a fast paced, early stage organization.
- Provide mentorship and architectural direction to a team of Technologists
- Own end-to-end development including design, implementation, deployment, and support
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, technical leads, operations teams, and other members of our organization to drive alignment on technical vision
- Contribute to and advocate for good engineering practices
- Lead on the architecture and design of our technology stack
- Create reliable, high performing automated tests and lead with operational excellence.
- 7+ years of experience architecting and building complex software systems in an agile development environment
- Experience with a mix of modern programming languages, ideally, with both interpreted languages (Python, Ruby, etc) and compiled languages (JVM-languages, C-ish, etc)
- Deep experience with the design and use of complex, distributed systems using mechanisms like web service APIs, queuing systems, etc.
- Ability to thrive in an agile software development environment
- Knowledge of cloud-computing services like AWS, Google App Engine, etc.
- Strong database schema design and query optimization.
- Discovery call with one of our Talent Engineers to overview the role, ensure alignment against our cultural values, and answer initial questions
- The next round will be a two part call. Part I will dive more deeply into your career history while Part II will be focused on your technical ability. During the second portion of the call, you will be asked to complete a coding exercise.
- In person meeting with key stakeholders from both the Engineering, Product, and Design teams, as well as cross-functional partners to discuss (among other things!): cross-functional partnerships, systems design, and Lyric Cultural Values.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
Back to top