Vehicle Systems Team Lead
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
The Vehicle Systems Lead will take an active role in developing the next-generation platform architecture for Lyft Level 5 engineering center. By joining the Autonomous Tech group, you will have the opportunity as a team member to develop and deploy tomorrow’s solutions enabling the revolution of transportation and information. You will be a technical contributor with a deep understanding of the technology involved in the specification, design, integration, testing/qualification and manufacturing of cameras, lidars, radar, and high power compute systems for harsh environments. You will empower your team to deliver complex projects on time and within budget while coordinating interactions with other teams and vendors.
- Lead the development of next-gen platform, and ensure compliance with all design requirements and safety goals
- Communicate and coordinate with cross-functional teams, including Software, Embedded, Functional Safety and Hardware
- Communicate engineering principles to audiences of mixed familiarity and skill
- Participate in planning activities and assigning tasks to the broader systems team
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of engineering experience in a requirements-oriented environment, including automotive and/or aerospace
- 5+ year automotive experience, including developing requirements and system level design for complex electro-mechanical systems
- 3+ years of leadership experience, including managing a team of engineers/designers, selling designs to management, influencing cross-functionally
- Proven track record of delivering successful products from design to manufacturing (full life-cycle)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of engineering or systems design (MBSE a plus)
- Understanding of systems design practices
- Ability to read electrical schematics as well as mechanical drawings
- Experience applying formal methods in failure/fault analysis to real systems
Nice to Have:
- Experience working system design using requirements tracking tools for high-reliability systems (Jama/Jira or similar)
- Experience with ISO26262
- A desire to work in a fast-paced silicon valley startup as both a technical and people lead
- Highly developed Project Management skills, including schedule and task tracking
- Cross-functional collaboration across a variety of design functions
- Experience working and designing with high-speed electronics
- Experience doing Failure Analysis, MTBF calculations
- Previous experience at a fast-paced company/startup
- Grow and develop individuals and teams as a manager and leader
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top