Vehicle Engineer, Body Controls Interfaces
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
As part of the Vehicle Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing the interface to the body controls system components including door and lighting controls, HVAC / thermal systems and user interfaces (UI). You will interact directly with the controls, electrical architecture and mechanical teams as the point person for user facing vehicle interfaces. You will also lead the technical liaison with the OEM partner and Tier 1 suppliers for relevant components.
- Develop and document requirements for body controls interfaces, sensor / actuator performance and UI systems
- Develop and test interfaces to existing vehicle and prototype components
- Design test, verification and validation procedures
- Liaise with the body controls and UI systems subject matter experts at the OEM partner and Tier 1 component suppliers
Experience & Skills:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines
- Experience in the automotive control system development and integration
- Experience in real-time and embedded control systems
- Direct experience with state of the art vehicle electrical networks, sensors, and actuators
- Knowledge of Passive Safety systems including restraint control systems
- Familiarity with automotive communication network systems including CAN and general vehicle electrical architecture
- Experience with requirements management, cascade, and validation processes, preferably using a structured requirements management tools such as DOORs, Polarion or Jama
- Experience with managing the engineering interface between an OEM and component supplier
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Autonomous Vehicle applications
- Experience with redundant systems including redundant sensors, actuators, communication networks and power supplies, fault detection, and fail-over strategies.
- Formal training and application of Functional Safety ISO26262 – Hazard Analysis, Safety Goal cascade to Functional and Technical Requirements, validation processes
- Experimental experience using Hardware in the Loop (HIL) systems
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink including deployment to target controllers
- Programming experience in C, C++ and / or Python
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top