Technical Program Manager (All Roles)
Technical Program Managers at Lyft drive cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills. Our TPMs are technically strong with software engineering or systems engineering experience. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals and inspiring teams to deliver. TPMs at Lyft are both strategic and tactical and do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
Here's an overview of the engineering teams we are hiring TPMs for here at Lyft:
Infrastructure: Seeking a technically strong TPM with a passion for infrastructure, enabling growth at scale via distributed computing, and ensuring engineers are highly productive every day. We work on projects that provide the foundation for product delivery, growth, and efficiency. In this role you will collaborate within engineering and across the company on programs that enable us to scale to meet Lyft’s demanding growth.
IT: We are seeking a highly skilled, multi-faceted Technical Program Manager with IT and business systems experience. In this role you will collaborate within engineering and across the business functions company on programs that strengthen our infrastructure.
Marketplace/Dispatch: The Marketplace team at Lyft is responsible for the platform that powers the ride experience and Lyft’s marketplace of drivers and passengers such as dispatch, multi-passenger matching and dynamic pricing using state-of-art offline and real-time machine learning models. We are seeking a technically strong Technical Program Manager with a passion for building platforms that enable and empower product teams to iterate fast.
In this role you will focus on the dispatch area which does real time optimized routes for our riders, drivers and business and is one of the core platforms powering Lyft. You will collaborate with engineering, product, data science, analytics, and operations on technology programs that enable us to iterate quickly in delighting our riders and drivers.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build comprehensive plans, to identify risks, and to ensure smooth project launches with a goal of delighting our passengers and drivers
- Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting Lyft engineering and aggressively take action to resolve
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems and 24x7 production operations
- Experience compiling and presenting business & technology options, backed by data & experimentation, to decision makers
- At least two years of software engineering, data science, or systems engineering experience
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top