Technical Operations Manager, EH&S
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
- Work closely with teams to develop environmental health and safety programs and protocols, standardization of workshop workflows and procedures, and manage operational special projects.
- Work with facility and operations teams to develop new and existing work spaces
- Plan and prioritize project activities with all involved parties
- Manage ambiguity of project parameters and changing project limitations
- Coordinates and/or supervises the activities of personnel involved in the development and implementation of special projects.
- Lead process improvement activities across Lyft Level 5 Operations
- Manage and implement programs to foster a culture of safety and environmental stewardship within L5 operations.
- Oversee activities of outsourced consultants and/or engineers
- Ensure projects are executed in accordance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements as well as Company policies
- Other duties as required
Experience & Skills:
- BA/BS or 8 years of experience in Operation Management/Technical Project Management or similar field in lieu of a degree
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management experience
- Familiar with OSHA regulations
- Function in a fast-paced environment subject to rapid change
- You have a proven track-record of building reliable and scalable programs
- Ability to lead change and improve processes
- Ability to work independently – coordinates, prioritizes and executes many tasks at any one time.
- Communicate clearly, listening and observation skills
- Team-oriented, proactive, self starting
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in a technology startup environment
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top