At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a strong and motivated Tax Manager to join our growing Tax Team. You’ll be responsible for a dynamic workload and ad hoc projects. You’ll support our growing bike-share business, compliance and you'll help build our Tax team by further developing our processes and procedures. Travel to and from New York to San Francisco is required.
- Timely filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use and indirect tax returns in multiple state and local county and municipal US jurisdictions
- Perform monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for sales/use and indirect tax liability accounts
- Support state and local sales/use and indirect tax audits by researching and collecting data and working directly with auditors to complete audits
- Research and analyze various new state and local sales/use and indirect tax regulations and issues
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department and multinational company
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with high level of integrity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- MS Excel skills required, experience with provision software and/or ERP environment a plus
- Bachelor’s in Accounting; Master’s in Taxation or LLM a plus. CPA strongly preferred
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top