Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
With over half a billion rides and counting, Lyft is solving hard problems in a rapidly growing domain with a lot of data and creative solutions in Marketplace, Mapping, Fraud, Growth and beyond. While traditional approaches to optimization and problem decomposition are sufficient to disrupt transportation, building next-generation platform for low-cost, ultra-immersive transportation to improve people’s lives warrants modern ML utilizing peta-byte scale data. Our highly motivated Machine Learning Engineers work on these challenging problems and define solutions to directly impact various aspects of our core business.
If you are a critical thinker with experience in machine learning workflows, passionate about solving business problems using data and working in a dynamic, creative, and collaborative environment, we are searching for you.
- Design, build, train and test Machine Learning models to push state of art forward
- Write production-level code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Analyze experimental and observational data, communicate findings, and facilitate launch decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Critically evaluate problems across business areas
- Work closely with cross-functional team to creatively design solution for business impact
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience
- 8+ years (or Ph.D. with 6+ years) of industry or research experience developing ML models
- Deep knowledge of ML libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, MXNet, etc
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively turn research ML papers into working code
- Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
- “Engineer at heart” with a high degree of comfort in designing software systems and producing high-quality code
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top