Sr. Director, Technical Accounting, External Financial Reporting and M&A
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are seeking a Sr. Director, Technical Accounting, External Financial Reporting and M&A, who will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer and work closely with our Chief Financial Officer. This is a critical Finance leadership role that will interface across various teams, LOBs and senior levels of the Company, as well as the internal and external auditors. You will provide leadership and technical guidance of accounting policy development and financial reporting within the assigned functional area(s).
Your and your team’s breadth will include accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memos, providing technical support to members of the Finance and Accounting team and M&A diligence. As the subject matter expert on all technical accounting topics, you will take ownership of all research, documentation, implementation of FASB pronouncements as well as partner closely with Investor Relations in the areas of external financial reporting. Equally, you will lead the preparation of financial filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), insurance and investments reporting and special projects as needed. You will also be entrusted with all oral and written communication with senior leadership and external auditors for technical accounting, reporting, and accounting policies.
This role is to be based full-time in San Francisco.
- Provide strategic leadership of short and long-term technical accounting goals that are aligned with Lyft’s mission and Core Values
- Review, interpret and develop diverse policies to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF), and other regulatory requirements. Introduce thoughtful accounting techniques as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure
- Provide interpretation of new GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their potential effect on the business. Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and accounting policies.
- Lead the coordination of external valuations on significant acquisitions and acts as a liaison between external valuation experts and the external audit team. Drive the analysis and financial due diligence processes to measure the performance of proposed acquisitions and/or business opportunities.
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos and communicate technical accounting conclusions. Oversee the preparation of the quarterly and annual required SEC filings.
- Direct process improvement projects; delegating and managing project execution and planning.
- Maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment and provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce
- Collaborate with leadership across the company to establish clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning, and advancement of future leaders within team
- Minimal travel may be required when circumstances permit in the future
- Close to 15+ year’s related experience, including several years of experience prior in one of the “Big 4” public accounting firms
You’ve had extensive exposure to SEC reporting, M&A transactions, and financial statement analysis - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required. Also, strong working knowledge of accounting methods and workflows
- You’ve multiple times over managed teams directly (7+ in headcount ideal) and are invested in building teams with diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Hands-on leader. You’re resourceful, forward-thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset. Also, thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- You’re well-versed in leading large cross-functional, collaborative teams as well as directly managing small teams. You’re an exceptionally strong collaborator that brings groups together to make impact
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing and partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders
- You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind technical accounting
- Your strengths span both analytical and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Most importantly, exceptionally detail-oriented
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top