Specialist, Support Quality
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Support Quality Specialist will report directly to the Support Quality Team Lead. This role will involve working collaboratively across the CET Team to ensure a high standard of support interactions for our customers. The ideal candidate is a detailed and thorough member of the team who can analyze Quality observations and present objective reports with concrete recommendations for improving the customer experience.
- Conducts audit activities with the customer in mind. Models Lyft's core values in all work. Can readily discuss, analyze, and assess future impact of multiple issues.
- Audits, validates, and measures the Lyft team’s performance by analyzing and evaluating Lyft's interactions with its customers. Compiles objective, detailed observations and creates deep dives that analyze findings and provide recommendations. Readily provides the "so what" related to any Quality audit activity.
- For all Quality audit activities and deep dives conducted, determines and documents scope, guidelines, methodology, measurement system, metrics, and results. Evaluates and tests with perseverance and exposes potential failure points to drive process improvement initiatives. Pursues everything with energy and focus.
- Builds rapport with team leads, associates, and other stakeholders. Models delivering an exceptional customer experience with internal stakeholders by genuinely caring about team members, being willing and ready to help, and demonstrating empathy.
- Delivers deep dives to respective leadership, finds common ground when findings and recommendations are challenged, and settles disputes equitably. Practices attentive and active listening and accurately restates opinions of others whether in agreement or disagreement.
- Works cross-functionally to present unvarnished truth of Quality findings in an objective and respectful manner. Welcomes rebuttal of Quality findings and adjusts scoring as appropriate. Uses discretion when working across diverse teams, locations, and levels. Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a wide variety of communication settings and styles.
- Partners with various internal and offshore teams to flag issues affecting the customer and associate experiences and implement recommendations; monitors and reports on impact of enacted changes.
- Facilitates multiple weekly calibrations with external partner sites and internal teams in order to ensure a consistent standard of measure across all of CET. Decides on the correct score for all calibration tickets and sets the standard for scoring and measuring variation.
- Acts as Lyft’s primary point of contact for external partner site quality team members working within the quality specialist’s area of expertise.
Your Experience & Skills
- Alignment with Lyft’s Core values: Make it Happen, Uplift Others, Create Fearlessly and Be Yourself
- A passion for quality assurance and creating great customer experiences
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of support center or customer service quality auditing experience strongly preferred
- Extensive experience using CRM tools, QA software, and Google Apps
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent preferred
- Self-motivated with a drive for excellence
- Exceptional analytical, listening, writing, and oral skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships across functions and work collaboratively
- Experience and comfort with generating high-level data reports and summaries
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top