Special Operations Specialist - Silicon Valley
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an Operations Specialist to join our Silicon Valley team. In this role, you will work on high-impact, cross-functional solutions. This role will report to the Market Manager of the region.
Your ability to work with complex datasets and hypothesis-driven, analytical mindset, coupled with your business acumen, curiosity, and ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, makes you an ideal candidate for this team. This role requires a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset, a willingness to support wherever needed, and an ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects at once.
If digging into large data sets and uncovering opportunities to grow Lyft’s business in a critical market excites you, we’d like to talk with you!
- Support the Silicon Valley team by uncovering high-impact opportunities that improve key business metrics (bookings, rides, utilization, conversion, ETAs, etc).
- Analyze large, complex data sets and gather information through research and cross functional partners. Synthesize feedback proactive, forward-looking strategies to grow our business
- Scope and propose recommendations and operational plans to support Lyft’s growth in Silicon Valley
- Track and measure our performance against specific activations, pilots, partnerships, and investments.
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, data science, and driver service teams
- Manage multiple projects and tasks at one time
- Experience: 2+ years in strategy, business operations, consulting, investment banking, venture capital, or an equivalent field. You have a balance of analytical, strategic business, and interpersonal skills.
- Quantitative thinker: Proficiency in MS Excel & SQL. You have experience building datasets, dashboards, and analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions.
- Effective problem solver: You easily anticipate and spot key business issues as opportunities and quickly solve complex problems by proposing recommendations and fixes.
- You are a strong individual contributor and an independent thinker. Though your work is self-directed and you know when to ask for support or collaboration.
- You prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity. You know how to structure complex issues and take a hypothesis driven approach to problem solving. You turn messes into processes - and you love doing so.
- Always a team player. You're positive, optimistic, and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top