Software Engineer, Web Visualization
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
At Level 5, software engineers specializing in web technologies build high-performance web platforms, visualizations, tools and workflows. These tools are widely used by the engineering and operations teams to develop, debug and operate our fleet. We use modern front-end technologies, libraries and best practices to achieve exceptional design fidelity, usability, accessibility, and performance.
- Help build the future of autonomous vehicles through impactful 3D/2D/UI visualizations and tools
- Take ownership of features, projects, performance, quality, workflows and platforms
- Champion frontend best practices to engineers, designers, and management
- Collaborate with team members across Level 5
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience working with Product, Design, and Engineering
- Experience building performant visualizations in the browser using WebGL
- Help drive front-end performance. #perfmatters
- Experience with GPU/WebGL libraries like three.js, WorldView, kepler.js etc
- A passion for 3D graphics and data visualization
- Understanding of mathematical foundations of computer graphics
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top