Software Engineer - New York
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team will be focused on urban transportation and removing congestion.
- Help to define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to learn and grow
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate across teams to achieve results
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience or exposure to distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
- Designs, builds and improves a set of team owned components
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top