At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Our key ML projects are:
Card Scan Model - Use Computer vision & ML to develop models that can verify actual physical credit cards for Lyft customers to confirm the ownership for credit cards and deter stolen card usage to prevent chargebacks.
Face Auth Model - Use Computer vision & ML to improve models that can detect human faces and accurately match against existing or new pictures and help verify identity & mitigate abuse at Lyft.
- Own the ML roadmap for the Computer Vision ML initiatives (Card scan, Face Auth)
- Improve our model's ability to read cards correctly and distinguish between real vs. fake cards.
- Develop the methodology, thresholds and assessment criteria to measure model performance.
- Evaluate the productionzed model performance against product & biz OKRs.
- Work with Data Scientists, Engineers, Analysts, Product Managers, and Operations to frame problems, both mathematically and within the business context.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
- Write production modeling code; collaborate with Software Engineers to implement algorithms in production
- 3+ years of programming experience in Python.
- Proficiency in frameworks like Pytorch, Tensorflow, or Keras.
- Experience with CV is desirable but not mandatory
- Strong programming skills, familiarity with software development cycles, solid understanding of software concepts - data structures and algorithms.
- Strong business sense and understanding of experimentation methodologies.
- Professional and stable working environment.
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- 24 calendar days for vacation and up to 5 paid days off + company paid recharge days.
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Wellness reimbursement