Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
With over half a billion rides and counting, Lyft is solving hard problems in a rapidly growing domain with a lot of data and creative solutions in Marketplace, Mapping, Fraud, Growth and beyond. While traditional approaches to optimization and problem decomposition are sufficient to disrupt transportation, building next-generation platform for low-cost, ultra-immersive transportation to improve people’s lives warrants modern ML utilizing peta-byte scale data. Our highly motivated Machine Learning Engineers work on these challenging problems and define solutions to directly impact various aspects of our core business.
If you are a critical thinker with experience in machine learning workflows, passionate about solving business problems using data and working in a dynamic, creative, and collaborative environment, we are searching for you.
- Design scalable and fault tolerant systems for ML Platform.
- Design and develop solutions to automate Machine Learning tasks
- Work closely with Product Managers, Research Scientists and ML Engineers to develop solutions for scalable and efficient training and productionizing of machine learning models.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry or research experience developing ML models
- 5+ years of industry experience building distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of Machine Learning and statistics with hands on modeling experience.
- Experience with ML libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, lightgbm, xgboost etc
- Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
- Experience with design patterns and test driven development
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
401(k) plan to help save for your future
18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top