At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
To fulfill Lyft’s mission of creating the real-time transportation network of the future, Lyft needs engineers from a scope of disciplines. We need engineers to help us intelligently scale our backend infrastructure, to increase pricing in realtime given localized supply and demand data, to predict future localized demand, to create delightful and intuitive UX flows for passengers and drivers, to improve our cloud infrastructure orchestration and monitoring, to increase dispatched driver-passenger pairings based on real-time data and real-world edge cases, to build tools to increase the efficiency of our customer service team, and more.
- You're an enthusiastic and experienced app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our iOS team.
- Our app is used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
- Our codebase is written entirely in Swift with modern design patterns and coding standards. We rely on 3rd party libraries and contribute back to the community (including the Swift language itself). UX is designed and tweaked to excellence using Interface Builder and Auto Layout. We take pride in our work and it shows.
- Work within our product teams to build exciting new features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Keep up-to-date with iOS development
- Experienced in delivering high-quality code
- Experience working with designers and product managers
- Bonus Points: Swift knowledge, experience with Interface Builder and Auto Layout, and contributions to open source projects
- Trabajar con nuestros equipos de producto para construir nuevas funciones.
- Implementar diseños con animaciones avanzadas y atención al detalle (pixel perfect).
- Mejorar nuestro código base a través de refactorización continua.
- Resolver problemas de transferencia de datos y sincronización en tiempo real.
- Extender e implementar nuestras APIs.
- Mantenerse al día en temas de desarrollo iOS.
- Acostumbrado a entregar código de alta calidad.
- Experiencia trabajando con diseñadores y gerentes de producto.
- Puntos extra: Conocimiento en Swift, experiencia con Interface Builder y Auto Layout contribución a proyectos de fuente abierta.