At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
To fulfill Lyft’s mission of creating the real-time transportation network of the future, Lyft needs engineers from a scope of disciplines. We need engineers to help us intelligently scale our backend infrastructure, to increase pricing in real time given localized supply and demand data, to predict future localized demand, to create delightful and intuitive UX flows for passengers and drivers, to improve our cloud infrastructure orchestration and monitoring, to increase dispatched driver-passenger pairings based on real-time data and real-world edge cases, to build tools to increase the efficiency of our customer service team, and more.
- You're an enthusiastic and experienced app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our iOS team.
- You’re excited about scaling millions of lines of Swift code and hundreds of mobile developers.
- Our app is used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
- Our codebase is written entirely in Swift with modern design patterns and coding standards. We rely on 3rd party libraries and contribute back to the community (including the Swift language itself).
Watch some of our presentations:
Open source contributions:
- Work within our product teams to build exciting new features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Keep up-to-date with iOS development
- Experienced in delivering high-quality code
- Experience working with designers and product managers
- Swift knowledge
- Bonus Points: contributions to open source projects, experience with declarative UI frameworks like SwiftUI, experience with unidirectional and reactive programming
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.