Software Engineer, Infrastructure
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Working in Autonomous infrastructure team gives a unique ability to understand how all the pieces of self-driving technology fit together: from perception and motion control to data pipelines and sensor integrations. We are building a strong infrastructure foundation for the whole autonomous vehicles program. If you are excited about being a force multiplier in a team of talented engineers working on cutting edge problems, we should talk!
- Create infrastructure that enables rapid iteration across the entire team
- Design and implement build, release, delivery, and deployment pipelines
- Enforce best practices for polyglot software systems
- Manage cloud and on-premise resources to support 200+ TB/day scale
- Ensure operational excellence of Autonomous software systems
- Level up, educate, and evangelize software systems knowledge across the entire Autonomous teams
Experience & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals. It usually comes with Bachelors in CS, but doesn’t have to be
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of talented engineers
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Extensive programming experience. We love Rust and Scala. We also use C++, Go, and Python. You don’t have to know all of them, but should be excited to work with them!
- Demonstrable skills with build toolchains. We use Bazel, GCC, and nvcc
- Experience with infrastructure as code. Terraform is our tool of choice
- Deep understanding of Linux operating systems and containerization. We use Docker and Kubernetes
- Extended knowledge of cloud infrastructure. We utilize both AWS and GCP
Nice To Have:
- Expertise with scaling version control systems, especially Git
- Experience with multiple programming paradigms
- Experience with the Linux kernel
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top