Software Engineer (Full Stack), Data Privacy
The Data Privacy team protects our drivers, passengers, and trusted partners’ data. We lead efforts across the company to protect data entrusted to us by our users.
As a member of the Data Privacy team you will work with teams across Lyft ensuring products, services, and partnerships are protecting company and individual data from from unauthorized or unnecessary access. You will implement and maintain preventive, detective, and remedial controls; work closely with the security team providing privacy controls at scale; and regularly consult with others throughout the organization to minimize risk exposure and improve data safeguards.
If you want to learn more about the kinds of things we’ve built, check out our open-source secret management service for AWS users at https://lyft.github.io/confidant.
- Design and build full stack solutions to ensure our privacy requirements are functioning correctly across all aspects of our services and platforms
- Define roadmap and architecture systems for data privacy (data inventory systems, access control, audit trails, etc)
- Advocate for data privacy throughout the organization, and consult engineering teams throughout the software development life-cycle
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing Data Privacy tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack engineering. You should be a generalist who's well versed in front-end, as well as backend engineering
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience in JS frameworks like Angular, Ember, React, etc.
- Experience testing your code with Nightwatch, Mocha, Jasmine, etc
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top