Software Engineer, Express Drive
At Lyft, we improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To create the best transportation for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Express Drive team at Lyft is seeking a software engineer. Our mission is to improve transportation through shared vehicle ownership. We enable people without a vehicle to rent a vehicle and drive with Lyft. Just 2.5 years after launching, we now provide rental vehicles in 146 locations across 26 markets. In the next year and a half we're poised for even more growth. Express Drive is a full stack team that owns integrations with our rental partners as well as an end to end user facing flow including rental reservations, pickup/dropoff and rental lifecycle management. You’ll be playing a key part in leading projects from inception to launch, building high quality engineering solutions and improving the business economics of our product. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, we welcome you to join us and #MakeItHappen together.
Express Driver team at Lyft is constantly innovating and incorporating cutting edge technologies to make the lives of our drivers more enriched. If you are excited about modern technologies and want to help build better products for our drivers and passengers, this is the role for you!
- Decompose complex business problems and help to define roadmap.
- Lead a team solving complex projects from idea to positive execution in a fast-paced but rigorous fashion.
- Architecture high quality, reliable and scalable infrastructure and systems.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Designers and Operations to collect requirements, experimentation setup and launch plans.
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate cross functionally to achieve results.
- Act on feedback to learn and grow.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years hands-on industry experience developing production software.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go).
- Proficiency in NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB) database.
- Experience to productionized distributed systems.
- Passion for building complex, performant, scalable and reliable system.
- Rigor in code quality and architecture design.
- Experience working with cross functional stakeholders (Product Managers, Data Scientists, Designers and Operations)
- Ability to handle ambiguity and thrive in a startup environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in solving large scale real-time technical challenges
- Experience with Machine Learning technologies.
- Familiar with frontend and mobile development.
- Passion for sustainability and/or transportation.
- Proficient with Git or other distributed version control system.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top