Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
- Build and operate large-scale data infrastructure programs (performance, reliability, monitoring)
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge, including Open-Source projects
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
Experience & Skills:
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Experience bringing open source software to production at scale (Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, ZooKeeper, Airflow)
- Experience designing, implementing and debugging distributed systems that run across thousands of nodes
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop (or similar) ecosystem - Yarn, Hive, HDFS, Spark, Presto, Parquet, HBase
- Experience working with and building real-time compute and streaming infrastructure - Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Beam
- Experience configuring, identifying performance bottlenecks and tuning MPP databases
- Able to think through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios
- Experience with workflow management (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Great medical , dental, and vision insurance options.
- In addition to 11 observed holidays , salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off.
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work & 20% of all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top