Software Engineer, Compute Infrastructure
- Palo Alto, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
As an infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for building and operating the foundational pieces and frameworks of our cloud footprint. You will focus on things like security, observability, provisioning, scheduling and deployments.
Every day we compile millions of lines of code, drive thousands of miles in simulation, process hundreds of Terabytes of data and scale up or down thousands of compute instances. All of these rely on the foundation that we build and operate for the whole autonomous vehicle program. If you are excited to help drive this mission, we should talk!
- Create resilient and scalable infrastructure that enables rapid iteration across all of Level 5
- Ensure operational excellence of our cloud footprint by providing observability into system health and execution & by building tools and dashboards to monitor and improve efficiency
- Be a force multiplier by sharing infrastructure knowledge and advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
- Support the Autonomous organization in their cloud needs by providing an amazing developer experience while balancing organizational needs, timelines and costs
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals with 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience designing resilient architectures with public cloud offerings (AWS is a must)
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform) and observability (e.g. Stackdriver, Wavefront) stacks
- Exposure to data and compute frameworks (e.g., Spark, Flink, Kafka, Airflow) and their deployments at scale
- Programming experience in one or more of Java, Python and C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to uplift others and work effectively with a diverse group of talented engineers
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top