Software Engineer, Backend/Infrastructure (Simulation)
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
At Lyft Level 5, we know that simulation is absolutely indispensable in the process of innovation and greatly reduces the risk and costs during the race towards being fully autonomous. On the Simulation team, we create a virtual world in which both augmented real world data and synthetically generated data are used to help accelerate the training, prototyping and validation of autonomous vehicles. The aspiration is to model millions of situations in this virtual world and having the virtual vehicle, powered by our autonomy software stack, driven billions of miles before they are deployed to Lyft's world class transportation network.
- Build data generation, processing and retrieval services that runs the simulator on the cloud in a massively parallel fashion
- Built or integrate scenario management and visualization tools into the simulation pipeline
- Work closely with other members on the simulation team to identify bottlenecks of the simulator and devising solutions to them
- Gather requirements from other AV engineering teams, and synthesize them into creative software solutions
- Work effectively in a diverse team of engineers
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of data processing systems in batch and how RESTful APIs work at scale
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platforms, such as AWS or GCP
- Strong background in object oriented design, testability, and code reusability
- Experience with container technologies like docker and container management systems like Kubernetes in production
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment where your impact is highly visible
- Passionate about autonomous vehicle technology and its potential to improve the world
Nice To Have:
- Exposure to systems programming in C/C++
- Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded systems, or self-driving technologies
- Experience in web front-end development using modern frameworks such as React/Redux
- Demonstrate delivery of complex projects in previous roles
- Track record of crafting well-designed solutions and delivering high-quality software on time
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top