Software Engineer, Autonomous Mapping
At Lyft, community is what we are and it's what we do. It's what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality.
Accurate, high-performance, large scale Hi-Fidelity mapping -- powers Lyft's mission of creating the real-time self-driving vehicles of the future (AVs). We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to join our team and drive impact at scale in a collaborative start-up environment - helping us build and scale systems that deal with storage, processing and machine/deep learning pipelines on peta-bytes of multi-sensory data (imagery, lidar and beyond).
- Develop infrastructure for and deliver Hi-Fidelity maps to autonomous vehicles
- Build high performance meta-data and imagery collection and processing systems at scale
- Create large scale pipelines for running ML/computer vision and localization algorithms
- Deliver state of the art 3D development tools for Lyft's Level5 Engineering Center
- Deploy in production and build scalable distributed systems, with micro-services framework and devops managed systems
- Act as point person for key components that store peta-bytes of data and process millions of data streams from thousands of vehicles
- Be one of the first to help get autonomous vehicles on the road at global scale
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors, Masters in Computer Science or at least 5 years of industry experience building and shipping software
- Expertise in at least one object oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++, or Python)
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (NOSQL - bigtable, Spanner or other NOSQL data stores, kubernetes, workflow systems like Argo)
- Proficiency in algorithm, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them in a fast-paced but also rigorous fashion
- Excellent communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Geospatial - Familiarity with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces
- 3D Graphics - Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs, shader languages, and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Data Processing - experience with large scale data processing pipelines using Kinesis, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive.Machine Learning - knowledge of machine learning, data mining
- Core Infrastructure - Experience with development large scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top