Software Engineer, Android - San Francisco
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
You're an enthusiastic app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases. Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, and accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior and heavy use of analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to build exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Implement unit and UI automation tests
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- Understand unit testing
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET
- Good sense of usability and product
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing data storages
- Experience pursuing side projects or open source projects
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top