Software Engineer, Android Build Infrastructure
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft’s mobile infrastructure teams are responsible for creating & maintaining the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to build stable, scalable, polished and efficient apps. We relentlessly focus on the developer experience by providing engineers with flexible tooling that allows them to innovate rapidly on our user experience. We are looking for enthusiastic engineers with experience building productivity tools for Android by creating fast, reliable infrastructure to support a growing Android team.
- Work within our mobile Infra teams and create and maintain foundational building blocks of our infrastructure
- Create tools and services to build and test apps quickly and generally make engineers more productive
- Dive into the source of existing tools, fork, patch, or send fixes to upstreams and de-fork back!
- Explore, prototype, and implement prospective ideas/technologies for further scaling our infrastructure, like adopting Bazel, using remote builds, making performance improvements to Gradle.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience in building command-line tools
- Deep understanding of unit testing
- Strong knowledge of Java, Kotlin or .NET
- Experience of supporting Gradle builds or Buck/Bazel
- Experience maintaining a high performance CI pipeline
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services and working with various data stores is a plus.
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects or open source projects.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top