At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is developing the future of micro-mobility and we are looking for a solid, experienced Software Engineer to join our Stations Software Platform team to work on helping us transition our customers to our latest generation platform and to make the platform evolve in a solution that can be brought to multiple different markets and business models.
Technical interviews and interactions with the other offices in the company will be in English; however, the working environment in Montreal is bilingual.
- Help define the roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Have a good grasp and ability to explain the various tradeoffs made in decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Lead projects from idea to positive execution
- Incorporate considerations for business context and failure modes in your work
- Proactively participate in resolving ongoing incidents
- Unblock, support, effectively communicate and obtain buy-in across teams to achieve results
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience in distributed systems
- Knowledge of Java, Go and/or Python
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Experience writing clear, scalable and clear design documentation
- Experience designing, building and improving a set of team owned components
- Must have a track record of professional excellence
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and have a working proficiency in French
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.