Software Development Engineer in Test
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
- Develop automated test coverage for AV software in simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, and other relevant frameworks.
- Contribute to building test framework and tools supporting testing for AV software stack and software-hardware integration.
- Report, triage, verify fixes for bugs discovered at pre-road testing stage.
- Reviewing features and identifying test gaps
- Constantly pushing for quality improvement in our products.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of development experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (test automation, developer dealing with system level of integration).
- Test Automation experience using any or all of the following scripting languages: Python, Java, C++.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines.
- Experience developing end-to-end test plans for product features.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create technical designs
- Bachelor's or higher Degree in Computer Science or a related field
Nice To Have:
- Work experience in robotics, aerospace, or automotive systems.
- Programming experience using C++
- Design and develop from scratch
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top