At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our team. You’ll partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, Operations, and Engineering to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company. You’ll think big about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products and services once they’ve rolled out.
You are an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate cross-functional stakeholders who care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate mixed methods data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Work with cross-functional partners on product direction based on research findings. Able to follow-up with partners about implementation to understand how findings are being used
- Partner with our data science partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- Define your research roadmap by proposing and triaging research requests from XFN partners, aligning with your team on what is highest priority
- Use knowledge of user needs to create empathy for users and build common ground with appropriate stakeholders
- 4+ years of experience conducting research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience researching the end-to-end user experience
- Interest in partnering with teammates to increase understanding of user research
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Bonus Points
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Business or a related field
- Fluency in Spanish (verbal and written)
- Experience using research to guide product development from seed-to-scale
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.