Senior Tax Accountant
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will focus on sales/use and indirect taxes. Working in a complex multi-state environment, you will interact with multiple departments across the organization, including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Finance, Compliance, Public Policy and Legal. Reporting to the Tax Manager, you will work on a team of four, located in San Francisco. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team that is working on new and interesting projects.
- Timely filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use and indirect tax returns in multiple state and local county and municipal US jurisdictions
- Performing monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for sales/use and indirect tax liability accounts
- Supporting state and local sales/use and indirect tax audits by researching and collecting data and working directly with auditors to complete audits
- Researching and analyzing various new state and local sales/use and indirect tax regulations and issues.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field
- 3+ years of Accounting and/or Sales/Use and Indirect Tax experience; Big4 tax department is required
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Good technical knowledge of tax law and its application
- Demonstrated experience managing tight deadlines for multiple projects
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- You have a strong attention to detail, documenting everything, leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait until tomorrow or next week
- You are at ease in a fast-paced environment and you are able to change direction rapidly when priorities and deadlines shift
- You are skilled at juggling multiple priorities at one time and keeping track of deadlines without missing a step
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top