Senior Software Engineer - Payments
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Payments teams aim to create a trustworthy and malleable payments platform, provide creative financial solutions and products through continued innovation. The team works closely with major issuing banks, networks and other FinTech partners.
We are looking for experienced engineering lead to lead, innovate and deliver FinTech solutions. You will work with a group of talented engineers, and collaborate with your diverse counterparts to architect, design and deliver systems and products to delight customers, create reliable and flexible platform and integration with our FinTech partners. If you are excited about payment and FinTech solutions to delight Lyft users, this is the role for you!
- Help to define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to learn and grow
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate across teams to achieve results
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 8+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience or exposure to distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
- Designs, builds and improves a set of team owned components
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top