Senior Marketing Specialist, Driver Programs - New York
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring a Senior Marketing Specialist to play a critical role in developing engagement and marketing programs for our exceptional community of multinational drivers in the New York City area. We’re looking for a strong project manager who is excited about rolling up their sleeves and executing a variety of different marketing and grassroots strategies. Responsibilities include helping to delight and advocate for our drivers whether in the form of a meaningful community event, developing partnerships to support our drivers’ needs, or introducing campaigns to promote new driver tools and programs.
The ideal candidate is a project management superstar. You can take a project, ask the right questions and run with it, with minimal oversight. This candidate will also be nimble and has the ability to adapt to changes on the fly and maintain a positive attitude. You must love speaking with people - this is not just a role sitting behind a computer screen - you will be out in the field frequently! In addition to being emotionally intelligent and a creative problem solver, you’re also an analytical thinker who can leverage different channels to mobilize our community. You will report to the New York City Marketing Manager, and be based in our Long Island City office in Queens.
- Program development: help define the long-term vision, goals, success metrics, and key tactics for our driver engagement and marketing programs which recognize and celebrate the diversity of our driver community
- Partnerships strategy and management: you will be responsible for sourcing and managing dozens of marketing partnerships with events, organizations and small businesses across New York City
- Campaign Development: Develop campaigns to promote a variety of driver programs.
- Develop Ambassador Councils: Screen and appoint an ambassador in each core driver community and work with them to develop programs that address community needs and important cultural moments
- Communications strategy: develop a calendar around major events, holidays, local happenings, partnerships, etc. in each driver community. Tactics will include email engagement, multilingual advertising in targeted media, social media, etc.
- Collateral development: identify collateral which needs to be translated to support the language needs of our driver community and work with internal creative team and external vendors for production.
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years of consumer marketing and project management experience
- A self-starter who can own a project from start to finish
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environment and learn new skills on the fly
- Able to adapt quickly and be resourceful and solution oriented
- Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends
- Strong knowledge of New York City with a focus on diverse international communities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of integrated marketing and comfortable recommending the right marketing mix for each initiative
- Partnership development, event management and/or sales experience
- Data-driven marketer who never loses sight of the consumer
- Executes daily tasks with efficiency and speed while keeping the high-level strategy top of mind
- Can speak multiple languages
- Experience working with multinational communities
- Experience with SQL and Google Fusion Tables
- Experience gathering market insights and research around quantitative and qualitative data points
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top