Senior Manager, Construction
At Lyft, community is who we are, it’s what we do, and it’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization where all team members belong.
Lyft is looking for a seasoned leader to help us develop and build new retail and service concepts for drivers. Imagine beautifully branded spaces throughout our cities where Lyft drivers can fuel up, get their car serviced, get support from friendly Lyft staff, connect with other drivers, and invest in themselves. We envision community centers with cafes, meditation rooms, nap pods, and more. Someday, these centers will likely support both our human driver community and our fleet of autonomous vehicles.
The possibilities are endless but the plans are only in their infancy. We require a leader who is passionate about human-centered functional design and excited to immerse her/himself in the driver experience. Moreover, it is essential we find a leader who has experience taking a multi format concept to market with incredible speed. This leader must be a cross-functional superhero with an entrepreneur’s spirit. If you’re fired up to bring our passion for drivers into the retail world, we want to hear from you
- Manage the entire construction process for all retail locations, new and remodel from possession/ takeover to turnover.
- Lead a team of Project and Facilities Managers.
- Hire and manage outsourced architects, construction managers, general contractors, and maintenance & repair providers.
- Support leasing process by advising on location-finding with respect to base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirements.
- Collaborate with office services for requirements on any locations with corporate employee workspace imbedded.
- Develop project specific bottoms-up budget and timeline for executive approval.
- Develop annual maintenance and repair budgets.
- Review all architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, and other documentation related to design development and construction processes.
- Manage project schedules and budgets for multiple projects at the same time.
- Manage maintenance and repair program for retail portfolio.
- Manage licenses and documents necessary for projects.
- Collaborate with procurement for value engineering.
- Collaborate with Architecture & Design to support space planning and construction document development.
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in retail construction, design and maintenance.
- Proficiency in project management and facilities management software solutions.
- Knowledge of construction & millwork standards.
- Knowledge of standard preventative maintenance schedules.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator, with proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience hiring and leading Architects, Project Managers, General Contractors and more to bring a retail environment to life.
- Equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves on a small scrappy team as building and managing a large, mature team.
- Ability to travel frequently.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top