Senior Fraud and Risk Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Trust and confidence is fundamental to the Lyft marketplace, and the Fraud and Risk Analytics team is charged with providing and ensuring that trust and safety to all customers. The Fraud and Risk Analytics team is one of the most critical teams that helps protect Lyft and enables the company to grow in a sustainable way. The team is fast-paced, high-energy, and meticulous in diagnosing emerging fraud patterns and preventing fraud loss before it can happen. We drill holes in all the products we launch and obsess over how to make our business impervious to fraud vectors. The team conducts a rigorous analysis of complex data sets and sets up multiple layers of business rules, models, and other processes to prevent potential fraud. We are a highly cross-functional team and regularly engage in discussion and reviews with stakeholders to prioritize plans for reducing fraud impact and introducing safety features.
We’re looking for a rock-star to join a fast-paced environment to contribute to Fraud-related analysis and operations. This individual is responsible for investigating and developing solutions to prevent and mitigate third party fraud. This person will proactively identify fraud patterns and sources to minimize the company’s exposure to financial and reputational risk. The Senior Analyst will take ownership over multiple discrete fraud segments to develop and execute a strategy which addresses fraud in the earliest stages of detection. The Senior Analyst will define fraud prevention measures that are mindful of the impact on good user experience while inhibiting fraud actors’ ability to reach our platform.
This person is quantitatively driven, detail-focused, and operations-savvy while ensuring the best possible customer experience. This individual possesses a high level of subject matter expertise and is experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data analytics and business knowledge to identify insights and formulate a response plan. This person will work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Engineers to mitigate and eliminate all forms of fraud. The individual will also work closely with operations teams to define efficient processes and systems for the fraud and customer support agents to resolve fraud issues quickly and meet organizational service-level objectives.
- Responsible for the design, development and management of real-time fraud rules and models directly and in collaboration with relevant teams
- This individual will work closely with the customer support teams to define efficient processes and systems for the customer support agents to resolve identity issues quickly and meet organizational service-level objectives
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Science and Engineering to resolve identity issues and other escalations
- Deliver enhancements to Lyft fraud detection and mitigation, communicate and prioritize development in collaboration with product management and engineering teams
- Report overall status, primary business metrics, key issues and solution recommendations and plans to senior management and executives
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investments to prioritize opportunities related to fraud programs
- 5+ years of experience across payment, marketplaces, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries. Fraud or Identity experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Expertise in SQL, SAS, R, Python or other programming language to query data and perform analysis
- Have a bias towards action in resolving issues and perform in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide a high-level of detail in every action
- Be extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Be vocally self-critical
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind for all stakeholders and conviction to make the right decisions
- History of effectively working with multiple teams to build new capability and implement projects
- Effectively manage senior executive asks and provide written and verbal communication to them
- Strong time management skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top