Senior Director, Divisional Controller
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Senior Director, Divisional Controller, will be a key member of the Finance Leadership Team of Lyft Bikes & Scooters (“LBS”). Reporting directly into the VP, Controller and Chief Accounting Officer of Lyft, this position will be responsible for leading the Accounting organization for this high-growth, high-profile division. Responsibilities include maintaining accurate multi-company, multi-national and multi-state accounting records, tracking substantial bicycle fleet assets deployed across the U.S., consolidating financial information for 10+ companies, producing comprehensive reports for internal and external corporate stakeholders, managing banking relationships and cash flows, complying with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and supporting all direct and indirect tax compliance.
This position will partner closely with Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Development, Procurement, Treasury and Internal Audit.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of thorough internal controls that enable the Company to prepare accurate quarterly financial statements
- Drive a highly efficient close process that meets corporate needs and frees staff time for value added activities
- Develop and implement sound and comprehensive accounting policies
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Fixed Asset Accounting and other transactional accounting functions
- Remain current with new accounting technical standards impacting financial reporting and research and document technical accounting conclusions, when necessary
- Provide support for tax planning and tax preparation in the United States, Canada and foreign jurisdictions
- Train and develop the accounting team for continuous improvement and career advancement
Experience & Skills:
- 15+ years in financial and financial leadership roles, which would likely include experiences with a public accounting firm and with public companies
- Leadership skills and a high degree of business and technical proficiency in a complex, global company
- Experience presenting financial results and accounting objectives and goals at the highest level of management
- A comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles pertaining to asset-intensive businesses
- CPA is strongly desired
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and experience with building and maintaining 404 compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top