Senior Accountant, Bikes & Scooters
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a diligent and enthusiastic Senior Accountant ready to hit the ground running on the Finance team. You will play a crucial role as you will be responsible for executing accounting tasks over multiple business entities within Lyft. You will work across disciplines such as revenue recognition, expense accruals, inter-company transactions, and banking. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will provide critical support to the overall team and in the monthly close process.
- Analyze monthly financial data and make sure all monthly activity has been recorded and reconciled
- Record elimination entries between entities
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Support team with creating and documenting improvements to processes and procedures
- Assist with year-end financial audit
- Ensure all systems are properly receiving assets shipped to validate proper expense recognition vs capitalization
- Confirm inventory levels are accurate to ensure proper cycle counting.
- Prepare required Financial Reporting (Revenue & Cost Reports, System Profit / Loss) for Municipal partners
- Be able to provide assistance with Ad Hoc request for Financial Information.
- File periodic sales/use/property tax filings for jurisdictional taxing authorities where the company has a tax nexus
- Assist with the monthly review of Bike Systems performance by the FP&A and explain unusual variances/transactions
- Ensure monthly reporting to municipalities is submitted on a timely basis
Experience & Skills:
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Willing to question processes and procedures to ensure that work is being completed in an efficient manner
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with ERP platform
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience with Inventory transactions and three-way match for billing preferred
- Understanding of inter-company transactions and how they are eliminated preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing, startup organization preferred
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top