Research Engineer, Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- London, United Kingdom
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
This newly formed team will develop new experimental solutions that combine the latest findings in cutting-edge computer vision, machine learning and large-scale data processing to advance the capabilities of our existing systems and to advance the state-of-the-art of the field.
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers and researchers
- Prototype new computer vision and machine learning solutions
- Develop case studies and experimentally validate hypotheses
- Collaborate with autonomous vehicles engineering teams in productionizing systems
- Advance the state-of-the-art and represent Level 5 at top-tier conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, CoRL, ICRA)
- BS or MS in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Robotics
- Programming experience implementing cutting-edge DeepLearning ML solutions using PyTorch / Tensorflow
- Understanding of ML workflow: preparing the data, implementing and training ML models, evaluating results
- Nice to have: Experience publishing at state-of-the-art conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Nice to have: Experience working on self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localisation, Planning, Simulations)
- Private health insurance, income protection, and life assurance benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike and accessories tax free
- Unlimited holiday
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible.
- Weekly yoga sessions
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your Recruiter if you wish to make such a request
Back to top