Rental Associate (Part Time)
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Rental Associate who is driven by providing world-class customer service to join our Rentals team, part time. In this role you will act as the "face of Lyft," providing exceptional hospitality while greeting customers on site and helping them to get accustomed to their rental vehicle and hit the road quickly. You will also play a key role in operations behind the scenes, making sure vehicles are prepped and ready to go while providing in-drive support by chat and phone. If you enjoy working with people, are a self-starter and can accommodate a flexible schedule (including nights/weekends), we would love to meet you!
- Meet and greet customers on-site at our San Francisco Hub, providing a quick and seamless pickup of a rental vehicle
- Provide operational support, including:
- Helping to shuttle vehicles between locations to meet demand
- Working with vendors to ensure cars are clean, in good condition and full of gas
- Providing phone/chat support to customers who are in the middle of a rental and need help
- Managing the fleet in our back-end systems
- Jump in wherever you are needed to deliver an exceptional rental experience
- Help brainstorm, test and implement ideas for improving the customer experience and making behind-the-scenes operations more efficient and consistent
- Flexible schedule: this is a part-time role that will require some evenings and weekends
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Retail, customer service or rental car experience
- High energy with an outgoing, social personality - you love talking to people!
- Comfortable on the phone and in person interacting with customers
- A true team player that is comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Excellent verbal and written communication proficiency with common technology tools
- Part time schedule: 25-30 hours a week, ability to work on weekends
- Must have a valid driver's license
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top